Saturday, October 3, 2009

Raider Nation Service - It Sucks and Not in the Way You Think

So Jeff Garcia ain't coming back.  Boy, I such high hopes for him coming back.  Jamarcus ain't getting it done.  Maybe he will. 

Having DirectTv, I have the NFL Sunday Ticket specifically to catch all the Raider games.  Beats going to a sports bar.  With TiVo, I can really study what's going on with the Raiders.  Like Bill Romanowski says, these guys just don't excite you when they play ball.  They don't beat the shit outta people, which to me is the essence of football.  Jack Tatum?  Was handing your lunch to you every game.  I know he made people hate playing eh Raiders.  Nowadays?  M-fs can't wait to play the Raiders so they can pad their stats.  We need a Troy Polomalu, a  Ray Lewis, another Ronnie Lott, someone back there to intimidate the team's offensive personnel.

Most of all, we need a quarterback.  As nostalgic as we get about Jim Plunkett, he sucked most of the time.  Rich Gannon was the shit though.  And we need another Rich Gannon.  Someone who might be an asshole but who worked hard and made sure everyone else worked hard.  Jamarcus ain't getting it right now.  Not saying he can't be that guy or get there.  But time's a wasting.  And Al is 80 years old and counting.

Which brings me to Al and Rich Gannon.  That was some real cheap shots Al took at Rich when Rich made, what I think, are valid criticisms of Jamarcus.  "A journeyman who fucked up the Super Bowl?"  Al, Rich was a diamond in the rough everywhere he went .  He didn't get the chance to be what he could be until you gave him a chance under your famous last chance umbrella.  I'm sure he's thankful, but you can't give a guy a chance and then spit on him because you gave him that chance.  You look bitter when you do that.

I know you'd rather be right than consistent.  But that shit with Gannon is a gash on your soul.  And because you tie everything up in the team, that means the fans' collective karma has to overcome your bullshit. 

So Jeff Garcia comes in here hoping to restore the luster on the Silver and Black, but you shut off that opportunity because you want Jamarcus to shine.  Jamarcus ain't working hard enough to get it done.  Why haven't you shown him similar harshness?  Get that fat m-f to ball up and make our investments outta our pennies worth it.

We're really getting sick of your experiment.  You haven't been right in a while, Al.  We love you, but you have to develop a new game plan, okay?  Apologize to Jeff and Rich, and let's get this thing going back in the direction we love.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to the Texans game tomorrow-wearing Raiders apparel. I hope my fellow Houstonians don't laugh me out the stadium. As I see it the Texans aint the Cowboys or the Steelers so anything can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't agree with some of the raiders sturf, but I like your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete