Friday, October 16, 2009

HU Homecoming Tears

It looks like I'm about to miss my peeps for the first time since '04.  And it hurts.  I get my Black on when we go to DC.  That's really more home to me than Denver.  All my peeps are there.  To be honest, I really hate living in Denver.  I only live here for love of family.

But my other family - my HU family - I miss.  Roll call: Bob Nunes, Angela Acree, Rudy Acree, Bernard Parks, Robin Smith Rose, Beverly Bains, Antonio, Ernie Champelle ("Fuck you, Soccer Boy!"), Tim Eure, Toya Watts, Lisa Beal, Donald Temple, Chris Cathcart, Petey Cooke, Manotti Jenkins, Howard Hamilton, Mike Bell, Ray Spears, Tiffane White, Tiffany Hamilton, Marc Joyner, Jonny Malone, Chill, Beano, it's getting too many to call, and all the fine-azz sistas from back in the day that wouldn't talk to me, or was it the other way around?  I'll tell you what, I was in love anyway and still am.  Sorry Angel.

HU Homecoming the preeminent Black event.  I hate missing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment