Sunday, September 13, 2009

Welcome to the Rant

To all folks who have read the Rant on the pages of Westworld and the Washington Informer, ebonyjet.com, BisonRoundUp, the radio show "Race", my Facebook page, the UndercoverBlackMan blog, my Fantasy Football leagues, and personal distribution via emails, I've finally followed some of your advice to set up a blog.  To new readers, welcome the Rant. 

I wasn't sure I wanted to do a blog.  I've read some awfully clever and creative ones.  Wasn't sure I had the energy to keep up with that level of unique output.  But I need to sharpen my writing skills plus there's no shortage of people, things, and events to rant on, so why not?  Besides, I've wasted enough time watching television the past few months when I couldn't sleep.

You may notice the color scheme.  That's for my boys the Raiders and in some small part, my alma mater, Howard University.

Since I've stopped putting music on my voicemail, we'll try to make up for it on this site.  Currently and on this maiden launch, we have one of my favorite groups since I was in 7th grade, Weather Report.  This version of WR was its most popular featuring founders keyboardist Joe Zawinul, saxophonist Wayne Shorter, and dynamic fretless electric bass genius Jaco Pastorius with drummer Peter Erskine.  Zawinul, Shorter, and Pastorius, besides being master musicians are also master composers and arrangers.  Enjoy by all means.

The tone will vary.  I like being provocative but not provocative without facts.  We like to reflect on the inner world known as the Mind.  We might be humorous sometimes.  We like sports, music, television, books, and movies.  We'll try to be interesting and as we learn the technology up the stakes.

From time to time, I will have a guest bloggist who is a budding writer, my son, Barron Underwood.   I might turn over the reins to some of my other favorite folks, if they so desire.

While I like provocation and intense discussion, I will not tolerate racist or genderist comments.  I will delete those kinds of comments.  Insults are cool with insults backed by facts even cooler.  Cursing is allowed and encouraged.  Use of nineteen letter words that make sense in a sentence, even better.

While I come from a religious family and have some spiritual values, attempts to impose religious views, be they Christian, Jewish, or Islamic, will be met with a severe case of ridicule.  Key word is "imposition."  Sharing your values will be tolerated.

Talking shit about your favorite sports teams is highly encouraged.  However, if you have thin skin about your team, don't bother.  Your feelings will get hurt.

Discussing sex is strongly encouraged as long as we don't have to hear about how good your latest escapade was.  Oh, and share your adventures and partners at your own risk. 

There is no word length for responses.  There is no limit on number of responses to a particular topic.

Finally, I'm gonna have fun with it.  I hope you do, too.  Let's get it on!

4 comments:

  1. D, this is your conscience. It's about goddamn time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let it do what it do. keep your word visible to readers. let them hear your voice. dang, my conscience is calling me too. dang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deangelo,
    Hot Shit!!! I was prepared to put yo azz on blast, we talked about this last homecomin', happy to see it come to fruition.
    I will be a regular visitor to your blog, because it's probably cheaper than psychiatry.

    I remain,............Recoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recoe and Vee, thanks for tuning in! I know it's been slow, but here we are. Let the fun begin.

    ReplyDelete